Sunday, January 11, 2009

Could Gonchar Help the Pens Now?

Rob Rossi seems to think that the Penguins will be seeing more of Sergei Gonchar in the locker room even before his return to the lineup. An unnamed Penguin player told Rossi,

"We miss 'Sarge' a lot more than maybe we expected. He has a way of keeping everybody calm on the ice and in the room."
At this point, I'd be willing to try anything; it couldn't hurt and the team is lacking a veteran presence that I believe would be doing them a world of good right now.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I've been saying that for weeks now...I'm glad to see the Penguins notice it too. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think Sarge alone can solve all their problems, but he's a very powerful calming force and they are hurting without him.

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Experience and confidence always helps.

Would he be the deciding factor. He could be. But having him healthy and playing definitely can't hurt. It's a young team, and they obviously look up to him.

gilld22 said...

I think there si a lot of truth in this - a veteran could be just what the team needs.